Your first steps in exploring your device telemetry and device estate
Here's a good "flow" of things to try as you start to explore your device estate:
- As soon as data is flowing into DevicePilot, go to the View page to see a list of devices (just make sure the List widget is switched on - widgets are switched on and off using the buttons top centre.
- Click on a single device to see more about it: Switch on the Detail widget to see the last-known values of all its properties. Switch on the Map widget to see it on a map.
- If you have any historical time-series data, see it by turning on the History Table or History Chart widgets (you'll have to configure these to choose the properties you want to see).
- Set up a filter: Click where it says "All devices" on the top left of View page, then "Create". If your devices send a regular heartbeat then a good filter to start with is to create a Time filter called e.g. "Up" set to "Last seen is less than 1 day". You can then use this to filter the devices you see in the View page.
- Go to the Cohort page to set up a KPI. For example, to measure the uptime of your entire device estate over the past week, set the Metric to "Percentage of time where: Up", the time period at the top to "1 week" and hit "Run KPI".
- Display that KPI on the Dashboard - unlock it (click padlock in top centre) then Add Widget (KPI).
- Invite a colleague to have a look, in Settings/Manage Users